How To Wear Sneakers With A Skirt | Sneaker with Outfit Ideas for Girls
Sneakers are a go-to for many women, especially if you’re trying to dress down your outfit or get ready quickly. They’re also great for traveling, because they hold up well on long commutes and flights. But what about wearing sneakers with a skirt? That’s a question we get often at A Plus. The answer is yes — sneakers can be worn with skirts! It all depends on the style of the sneaker, however. For example, walking shoes tend to work best with pencil skirts while high top sneakers look great with minis. Here are some tips:
WEAR HIGH-TOP SNEAKERS WITH A MINI SKIRT.
- Choose the right color for your outfit.
- Choose the right material for your outfit.
- Choose the right sneaker for your outfit.
- Wear a pair of high-top sneakers with a mini skirt.
WEAR MID-TOP SNEAKERS WITH A MIDI SKIRT.
- Wear mid-top sneakers with a MIDI skirt. Mid-top sneakers are a great way to wear sneakers with a skirt, especially if you’re dressing up for an occasion or simply want to look more polished than your typical sneaker outfit.
- Choose high waisted skirts that hit at or above the knee for this look. A midi skirt will work here, but it’s not necessary—just make sure that the top of your shoe is visible when you sit down so that people can see what kind of sneaker you have on!
- This sneaker style works well for casual looks, but also makes an interesting statement when paired with other pieces in your wardrobe like dresses or skirts and heels.
WEAR LOW-TOP SNEAKERS WITH AN A-LINE SKIRT.
With a low-top sneaker, you don’t have to worry about how high or low your sneakers are. The only thing that matters is that they’re not overly tall. The best thing about this style is that it’s not too high and not too low—it’s just right!
WEAR TENNIS SNEAKERS WITH A PENCIL SKIRT.
This is a simple look you can achieve with a pair of tennis sneakers and a pencil skirt.
- A tennis sneaker is the classic kind, usually white or black with a rubber sole. They’re usually worn by people who play tennis, but they are also comfortable enough to wear casually and they’ll look great with any outfit!
- A pencil skirt is shorter than most skirts and has an elastic waistband that gives it its name (it looks like the eraser end of a pencil). If you don’t have one in your closet yet, don’t worry—you can buy them at almost any store!
How to wear sneakers with a skirt without looking like a child
There are three ways to wear sneakers with a skirt:
- The same length as your skirt. This will give you the most polished look, but if you’re not comfortable wearing sneakers without pants on top, this might be too much for you.
- Longer than your skirt. If the skirt is longer than your sneaker, it will add an extra layer of interest to your outfit and make it less formal-looking. Just make sure that there isn’t a lot of fabric bunching up around the ankles! Having some space between where your shoe ends and where the fabric starts looks better than having everything bunched together at the ankle (unless that’s what you want).
- Shorter than your skirt. If we were talking about shorts instead of skirts here (and believe us when we say we wish we were), this would be called “mom jeans.”
It’s easy to wear sneakers with a skirt, but there are some tips that you should take into consideration. Make sure the sneaker fits well and it looks good with your outfit. Also, try not to wear too casual sneakers if they don’t fit perfectly because they might look bad in some cases. Remember these tips when shopping for new sneakers or skirts!